Everyone hates when their morning or evening commute is disrupted by traffic or road closures. Unfortunately, there is not much that we can do about this. So, I decided to inform my readers about the latest road closures in Dallas, Texas. My hope is that you can find alternative routes by knowing where the road closures are located.
The following is the list of road closures in Dallas, Texas:
- On I-20, there is lane construction being performed from West of Cockrell Hill Road to North Hampton Road. The expected date of completion is still to be determined.
- On SH 289 from I-635 to Collin Co. line, there is concrete repair and pavement markings being done. This began in January 2022 and is expected to be completed by August 2022.
- On SH 78 between Leon Road and Stratford Road, there is concrete repair, overlay, and pavement markings taking place. The expected date of completion is still to be determined.
- On I-45, there are shoulder rumble strips and resurfacing being done 1 mile south of I-20 to Overton Road. This began in November 2021 and is expected to be completed by August 2022.
- On SL 12, there are all types of concrete and bridgework being done from the South Irving City limits section to Elm Fork Trinity River. This started around February 2022 and is expected to be done by September 2022.
- On I-635 between I-20 and I-30, there is concrete repair, overlay, and pavement markings taking place. This work began in October 2021 and should be done by the Fall of 2022.
- On SL 12, sidewalks are being added to Ferguson Road. This project started in September 2021 and is expected to be finished by July 2022.
- On Malloy Bridge Road, a bridge is being replaced at Parsons Slough. The workers began working on this bridge in March 2022 and expect it to be done by December 2022.
- On I-35E, a large construction project is taking place from I-635 to the Denton County Line. This work consists of reconstructing and converting 2 reversed to 4 concurrent MLs as well as reconstructing 6 to 8 GPLs. This has been an ongoing project that started in the fall of 2021 and is not expected to be completed until the fall of 2025.
- On I-45, intersection improvements are taking place at Dowdy Ferry Road. This began in January 2022 and should be done by December 2022.
- On I-20, the bridge at Bonnie View Road is undergoing maintenance which will add turn lanes and make the bridge wider. This project started in October 2021 and is expected to be completed by October 2022.